Getting Things Done for Lee District
In Lee District, and in all of Fairfax County, we’ve made great progress and celebrated many accomplishments together, especially in the areas of revitalization, transportation, and community. We’ve also been able to tackle budget challenges amidst one of the toughest economic environments in county history without ruining our quality of life. I believe that my eight years on the Board of Supervisors chairing the Transportation and Legislative Committees have given me the insight and knowledge to deal with some of the most important challenges Lee District will face in the coming years.
Lee District is a wonderful place to live, work, and play. I grew up here, my wife and I are raising our two children here. We have an active and engaged community, great schools, safe neighborhoods, dedicated business partners, parks and green space, and a quality of life second to none.
It has been an honor and a privilege to serve as your Supervisor. I look forward to continuing to do so in the years ahead, and you have my pledge to work to make it even better. I sincerely thank you for your vote and your confidence.
What People Say
“I am proud to endorse Jeff McKay for reelection as Lee District Supervisor. Jeff is precisely the kind of person we need in local government – someone focused first and foremost on getting things done. Jeff and I worked closely together to address quality of life issues in our community, so I know he’s effective. He also deserves tremendous credit for his tireless work to bring about the renovation of Springfield Mall. The new Springfield Town Center is already revitalizing the area and helping create a Springfield renaissance. Jeff led the effort to make it happen.”
– Congressman Gerry Connolly “Jeff McKay is a champion for economic development and is a dedicated public servant. He understands that for Fairfax families to thrive, we need innovative solutions for transportation, and more collaboration in our schools to produce the best possible learning environment for our children. Jeff is the strong partner we need in Fairfax.”
– Lt. Governor Ralph Northam “I couldn’t ask for a more knowledgeable and effective partner on the issues important to Fairfax County and Northern Virginia than Jeff McKay. Over the years, we’ve worked together to ease gridlock on our roads and improve our transportation infrastructure and strengthen our public school system. I’m so pleased that the citizens of Fairfax County and Lee District will continue to benefit from his leadership.”
– Attorney General Mark Herring “Jeff McKay has been a tireless advocate for the revitalization of the Route 1 Corridor bringing businesses to our area. I have worked closely with Jeff for 15 years to improve transportation options and Route 1. I have no doubt we will continue to see strong leadership and creative thinking from Jeff McKay. I am proud to endorse him for another term as the Lee District Supervisor.”
– Sen. Toddy Puller“Jeff McKay has been an important partner in making sure that Fairfax’s views are represented in Richmond. Jeff is dedicated, determined and gets results for the citizens of Lee District.”
– Sen. Adam Ebbin“Jeff McKay is a proven leader in Fairfax County. He has been instrumental in revitalizing Springfield, especially with the recent opening of Springfield Town Center. I have had the opportunity to work closely with Supervisor McKay over the years to improve transit and transportation options in Northern Virginia and also ensure safety in our family day homes for caregivers and youth alike. Jeff McKay is an effective leader and a great partner in local government.”
– Del. Eileen Filler-Corn“Not only is Jeff my go-to-person on Northern Virginia road and transit projects, I deeply value his knowledge and personal concern about each neighborhood, business dynamics, and school challenges. He is constructive. He cares.”
– Del. Vivian Watts“I look forward to another four years of working with Supervisor McKay. His transportation and legislative experience is invaluable to the County and his constituent service is second to none.”
– Chairman Sharon Bulova
– Congressman Gerry Connolly
– Lt. Governor Ralph Northam
– Attorney General Mark Herring
– Sen. Toddy Puller
– Sen. Adam Ebbin
– Del. Eileen Filler-Corn
– Del. Vivian Watts
– Chairman Sharon Bulova
Jeff gets the importance of code compliance and enforcement to protect our neighborhoods. Lee District has benefited from many transportation improvements and partnerships with the business community that have brought forward terrific revitalization opportunities.
Facilitated the funding and construction of the first six synthetic turf fields in Lee District and is working to update our recreational facilities and protect our natural resources.
Jeff is regionally respected as a transportation leader and serves on several regional transportation boards. He is focused on easing gridlock on our roads and improving our transportation and pedestrian infrastructure. Jeff understands that we need a variety of ways to get around and he is a champion of transit, as well as pedestrian and bicycling facilities.
Educating our children in today’s complex world requires the collaborative efforts of both our County and School Boards. As a member of the joint County / School Board Smart Savings Task Force, Infrastructure Financing Committee, and Successful Children and Youth Policy Team (SCYPT) I’ve seen how this collaboration gets results for our kids.
Jeff is overseeing major revitalization efforts in Springfield and along Route One and has helped transform the area for residents and businesses alike.
Jeff is accessible: he conducts walking town meetings and community events and is accessible 24/7 via email and social media.
Jeff serves as a sworn reserve deputy sheriff and works closely with emergency responders to keep our community safe.
Jeff fights for Fairfax County’s most vulnerable residents by supporting and promoting programs to assist the elderly, homeless, and those living with disabilities.
Jeffrey C. McKay
Jeff was first elected Lee District Supervisor in November 2007 after serving as chief of staff to former Lee District Supervisor Dana Kauffman from 1996 through 2007. He began his third term in January 2016.
Jeff is a sworn Reserve Deputy Sheriff for Fairfax County. He also chairs the County Board’s Budget Committee, Legislative Committee, and co-chairs the Board’s committee on Community Revitalization and Reinvestment. Additionally, he serves on the Successful Children and Youth Policy Team (SCYPT) and served on the joint Board of Supervisors/ School Board Infrastructure Financing Committee.
Outside of Fairfax County, McKay currently vice chairs the Northern Virginia Transportation Commission (NVTC) and serves as the chair for its Legislative Committee. He also serves as an alternate on the Virginia Railway Express (VRE) and the Virginia Transit Commission. Additionally McKay sits on the Ft. Belvoir BRAC Board of Advisors, Northern Virginia Regional Commission (NVRC), and the Virginia Association of Counties Board of Directors in addition to chairing the Military Partnership Committee and chairing its Transportation Committee.
Supervisor McKay earned a B.A. in Public Administration from James Madison University, and is a graduate of the Sorensen Institute of Political Leadership at the University of Virginia. He lives in Lee District with his wife Crystal, daughter Leann, son Aidan, and rescue greyhound Miss Vera.